Commercial Property Mortgages for Expatriates
Commercial Mortgages can be broadly broken down into 3 areas
- Commercial Investment Mortgages
- Owner Occupied Business Mortgages
- Buy To Let Business Mortgages
There are lots of different options available for UK expatriates and overseas based local investors looking for a commercial mortgage to purchase commercial premises. This can be for investment purposes or for business purposes. It is often the case that better terms can be secured by using the service of Premier Expat Mortgages to source a commercial mortgage than if they were to just approach their existing bankers. We source commercial mortgages from the whole market, so not only do we deal with the main high street banks but also more specialist lenders and private banks.
Below is some of the product features and criteria which can be achieved:
- Loans available from £25,000 to £30 million.
- Interest only periods available for some clients.
- Leasehold properties can be acceptable.
- Lending on a going concern.
- Rates can be linked to the UK base rate, LIBOR, or fixed for a period.
- Development finance for residential and commercial property can be sourced for developers looking to build plots to re-sell to individual investors.
Lenders use a pretty rigid approaches to work out whether a customer qualifies for a commercial mortgage, which as a general rule would be based on:
– Experience and credit history
– The amount you much you wish to borrow
– What the money is to be used for
– The ability to repay the mortgage
– What security would be on offer against the mortgage
Typically, your application is likely to be accepted if:
– There is a clean credit history and bring experience to the table
– The borrowing amount is within the range the lender is happy with
– The lender sees an acceptable reason for borrowing
– You can show an ability to repay the mortgage, even if interest rates go up in the near future,
– You can offer acceptable security
Acceptable property types:
B&B’s, BTL Portfolio, Cafes., Care Homes, Dentists, Development Finance (residential and commercial), Doctors Surgeries, Equestrian Centers, Farms/Farm land, Guest Houses, Public Houses, Restaurants, Golf Courses, HMO properties, Holiday Homes, Hotels, Light Industrial, Lock up garages, Night Clubs (considered on merit), Nursing Homes, Offices, Petrol Stations, Retail/Shops, Takeaways.
If you wish to obtain details simply complete the contact form on the right with your details and we will be in touch.